The LFXG FiberFlex is the industry's only flexible radiation level detector and features Ohmart/VEGA's GEN2000® family of electronics. With its patented fiber-optic scintillator bundle, the FiberFlex® has significant advantages over both solid scintillators and traditional ion chamber detectors.
Well suited for a wide variety of continuous level measurements including curved vessels and sumps.
- Longest/lightest detector available in the industry
- High-sensitivity for retrofit use with older sources
- Powerful GEN2000 electronics permits a wide range of setup and compensation options
- Available in lengths from 12 in to 23 ft (300 mm to 7 m)
- Weighs from 16 to 40 lb (7.3 to 18.1 kg)
- 4-20 mA HART®, Foundation Fieldbus®, or frequency outputs available
- Universal input power: 90-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz; 20-60 VDC
Principles of Operation
Point level detection uses a focused beam of radiation directed at a small detector that senses the presence or absence of the beam. When the beam is blocked by process, the detector sees little radiation from the source. Changes in radiation levels are expressed by a relay. Ohmart/VEGA point level detectors can be set as either high or low alarms.