The GM-17 Gamma Detection Switch utilizes proven Geiger-Mueller tube technology to provide cost effective point level indication. The GM-17 monitors gamma radiation passing through a vessel. When process material in the vessel blocks radiation, the GM-17 will energize (or de-energize) a relay.
Used for low level, high level, or blockage indication on a wide variety of vessels, bins, and silos.
- Single point or dual point calibration
- Available with up to 6 Geiger-Mueller tubes for maximum sensitivity or use in
very low radiation fields
- Retrofits older, less sensitive switches without changing Gamma sources
- Weighs 7 lb (3.2 kg)
- SPDT relay contacts rated 6A @ 240 VAC
- Second relay available for failsafe or process indication
Principles of Operation
Point level detection uses a focused beam of radiation directed at a small detector that senses the presence or absence of the beam. When the beam is blocked by process, the detector sees little radiation from the source. Changes in radiation levels are expressed by a relay. Ohmart/VEGA point level detectors can be set as either high or low alarms.